Looking for a completely new concept and in view of modern requirements, we developed the renowned Geiger® MultiDisc® screen which has been successfully
installed hundreds of times worldwide.
The advantages of Geiger® MultiDisc® are:
- Its compact design allowing significant cost reductions in civil structure volume
- Its fast and simple plug-in installation
- Its low operating costs:
- a) Only one maintenance-friendly bar chain
- b) Easy maintenance; mesh panels can be changed at operator’s floor level (no need for channel dewatering)
- Lower head loss: water only passes through the screen once
- Optional fish protection (EPA clean Water act – section 316b pre-approved technology) – intensive and efficient cleaning of the mesh panels
- Zero carry-over of debris to the clean water side
- Shorter channels
Executed projects have proven that the Geiger® Multi-Disc® can be retrofitted into existing water intake structures within 24 hours, including removal of the old through-
flow band screen, installation of the Geiger® MultiDisc® and commissioning. Both the Geiger® MultiDisc® and our Travelling Band screens are available project-specifically with plastic or stainless steel mesh ranging from 0.2 – 10 mm. Furthermore, for special applications we offer micro drum screens with a mesh size down to 15 microns.