Circular Grit Washer
Successful concept for municipalities and industry: environmentally conscious disposal, massive reduction in the amount of residual sand that has to be disposed of, lower transport costs, improved gas production in sludge digestion.
- Robust, thick-walled spiral
- Spiral and agitator are mounted on the drive end only, no submerged bearing
- No separate outlet required for organic matter
- Less fine grit discharge in the effluent and low wash water consumption
- Less turbulence in the washing zone and thus low ascent speed of the sand grains
Suitable for the following markets
The Noggerath® Grit Washer GWC ensures washed wastewater treatment plant grit with an organic content of less than 3 %. At the same time, it reduces the amount of residual sand by up to 85 %, thus massively reducing the transport costs for disposal.
To the practice: The grit/liquid mixture reaches the outlet of the washing tank after a circulation of approx. 300° over an overflow weir. During the circular movement, the sand sinks to the bottom of the washing tank due to its own weight. The agitator located in the washing tank separates the sand into light and heavy components. Agitator fingers in the lower part of the washing tank rub off adhering organic residues in the sand, which are then washed out in the upflow process. The washed grit concentrates at the bottom of the washing tank and is removed by the discharge conveyor when a certain, adjustable grit density is reached and at intervals depending on the time.