Proven for many years in solid/liquid separation of sand/water mixtures. Excellent separation results in the separation of heavy substances from different industrial process water circuits.
- Low maintenance due to simple and robust design in stainless steel
- High operational reliability – no pigtailing and clogging
- Low operating costs due to direct drive with low power consumption
- Low wear due to low rotational speed
- High separation rate of solids
Suitable for the following markets
The Noggerath® Grit Classifier GS has been an integral part of both municipal and industrial wastewater treatment plants for many years. Its use serves on the one hand to separate grit or other settleable substances from liquids for the recovery of recyclable materials, and on the other hand to prevent deposits and malfunctions in subsequent operation. In practice, the heavy material/water mixture to be separated is pumped into the settling tank.
The inlet area is designed to minimize disturbing turbulence during the separation process. The flow is directed in a way that ensures optimum separation of sediments and floating matter. Due to the inclined walls of the sedimentation tank, the sinking materials are fed to the conveying spiral, discharged and discarded.