Screenings Spiral Compactor
Transport, pressing and dewatering of screenings in wastewater treatment plants, and waste, residue and recyclable matter in industrial processes.
The Noggerath® Spiral Compactor SCD with its centrepiece, the shaftless spiral, reliably transports, dewaters and compacts even problematic materials – e.g. containing fibres or sand – without clogging. Sizes, lengths and installation angles can optimally be tailored to meet individual site requirements.
Unique Selling Point
- Economic and compact: conveyance and dewatering in one system
- Simple fast maintenance due to single conveying element
- Heavy-duty spiral with insert design
- Safety microswitch on the dewatering zone for safe operation and inspection
- Fully encapsulated system
- No internal bearings to prevent blockages
- Non-clogging even with fibrous materials
- Flexible installation and ease of integration into existing plants:
length customisable by adapting trough length between 1.5 m to 12 m,
customisable installation angle between 0° and 25°
Suitable for the following markets
The Noggerath® Spiral Compactor SCD consists of a shaftless spiral conveyor which leads into a compacting and dewatering zone. The solids are fed via a hopper into a U-shaped conveyor trough, where they are taken up by a conveyor spiral and transported further. The spiral leads to a wedge-wire cylinder with a gap widths of 1 mm, which serves as a dewatering screen. Supported by a spring-loaded back-pressure flap mounted at the outlet, the solids are formed into a friction plug and simultaneously compacted and dewatered.