(sealed on 4 sides)
Safety and reliability down to the smallest possible detail: Passavant® penstocks are 4-sided sealed shut-off devices suitable for both flow directions and are available from 200x200 mm up to 7000x7000 mm and 5 bar (50 m wc).
- Maximum safety through static and stress calculation by means of Finite Element-Method
- Optimized steel-welded construction, largely maintenance-free
- Avoidance of crevice corrosion through constructive prevention and through-welded seams
- High loading capacity even with hard and bulky contents in the waste water
- Our spindles are rolled, not cut
Suitable for the following markets
Made of various types of stainless steel that gain durability through pickling and passivation, the Passavant® Penstock regulates the water flow reliably with a tightness according to class 4 (5) DIN 19569 (Table 1). The penstocks are available as sliding or roller gate. The plate is a welded construction out of bended profiles. A double lip seal or a double bulb seal is available for sealing in one or both flow directions. The drive is possible electrically, hydraulically or manually as underfloor and overfloor operation. The use of a mother box compensates for misalignments and guarantees smooth running. The penstock is available as a single- or double-spindle version. In addition, there is a choice between a semi-circular or straight sill or as a drop-down penstock. The slide frame can either be doweled to a straight wall or concreted into building recesses. The prerequisite for dowelling is a level and straight shaft wall according to DIN18202. The penstock is designed and manufactured in our factory according to DIN 19569-4..