Passavant® Mammutrotor Lago
The Mammutrotor® Lago has been specifically developed for small oxidation ditches or pond-style wastewater treatment plants.
There are more than 8,500 installations worldwide, with a total length of approximately 50,000 m. The Mammutrotor® has become the byword for economic and reliable surface aeration. The Mammutrotor® Lago is manufactured in Aarbergen (Germany), builds on the Passavant product’s strengths experience and has been specifically developed for small oxidation ditches/lagoon/pond-style wastewater treatment plants.
Unique Selling Point
- Constant oxygen input and efficiency over entire life cycle
- No negative influence on the oxygen input in case of
varying wastewater characteristics, α -factor close to 1
- Embedded guide baffle for high energy efficiency and
direct flow to deeper water layers
- Linear energy output over the entire rotor lenght
- Innovative drive concept without coupling
- Low maintenance requirement (oil change after 20,000-50,000 hours)
- Optional: Environmentally-friendly lubricant
Suitable for the following markets
Applications & Uses
The Passavant® Surface Aerator Mammutrotor® is has been installed worldwide in municipal and industrial wastewatertreatment plants. The scope of ist application range from oxidation ditches, sequence batch reactors or lagoon/pond-style treatment plants. This technology is particularly efficient for calcareous and solids-laden waste water or in the case of warm environments.
The core of the system is the aeration rotor, a central shaft with clamped star mountings made of glass-fibre reinforced plastic.Their spiralled arrangement ensures low-noise and shock-free operation. The drive unit and the end bearing are equally crucial for stable low-maintenance operations over the course of many years.
The drive unit consists of a drummotor with an integrated gearbox.
Product Variants & Sizes
The oxygen transfer efficiency of the Mammutrotor® principally depends on the immersion depth and the rotation. In the case of a maximum immersion depth of 28 cm in a lagoon (or 30 cm in a an oxidation ditch) and a rotational speed of 72 RPM, there is approx.
9 kg O2 /h oxygen transfer (into clean water) per one-metre length of rotor. Using a rotor length of 1.5 meters there is an oxygen transfer rate of 12-13 kg O2 /h (into clear water) – the installed electrical power of this unit at this length is 7.5 kW (three phases). The delivery includes the pontoon/swimming device.
The supply of the Mammutrotor Lago can be complemented by:
- Installation and commissioning
- Outdoor control cabinet with frequency converter
- Process automation using Aqualogic®
- Other high-efficiency equipment for waste water treatment from our product range