Claw Screen /
The Geiger® Claw Screen can be installed as a first cleaning step in water intakes, and respectively, at the inlet of pumping stations. These machines are suitable for removing very bulky debris and very large obstacles from a bar screen by means of a gripper/talon.
- Very robust - can handle heavy and bulky debris (e.g. tree trunks)
- Highly economical - one single claw moving on one monorail serves several channels or wide bar screens
- No need for concrete collector - debris is directly discharged into trash container
- Low maintenance design
- Long-lasting - VFD-regulated smooth start/stop movement increases lifetime of components prone to wear and tear
- Precise positioning thanks to the Geiger® tracking system
Suitable for the following markets
The Geiger® Claw Screen is an ideal solution for water intakes with very bulky debris. One single claw rake operates on a monorail track between the bar racks and dumpster position and serves several channels or wide bar screens. Lifting and lowering of the claw bucket is rope-controlled, whilst opening and closing is hydraulically operated.
The travelling unit construction contains all of the motors including the hoist motor and hydraulic power pack. Removed screenings are transported directly to a debris collector or perforated container, thus elimination the need for Interim transport. The Claw Screen can be operated manually, by timer or automatically by a differential water level controller.