Rotary Drum Screen
With the Noggerath® Rotary Drum Screen RSI, Aqseptence Group offers you a machine with a revolutionary drive concept. Contrary to the conventional technology, to drive the drum screen via its discharge conveyor, the RSI drive energy input is effect directly at the drum which has considerable advantages.
Unique Selling Point
- No center/drive shaft required in the discharge conveyor
Significant larger particle sizes can be transported - The spiral is open axially in the conveying direction at the discharge, i.e. no blockages due to long-fibred screenings or screenings prone to clogging - Ease of access to pressing zone - Pressing zone with back-pressure flap, i.e. influence on DS-contents possible
- The drainage zone is adjustable and exchangeable. The design of the slotted bottom results in an increased drainage capacity and a self-cleaning effect, so that the RSI operates completely without a brush and wear rails.
- The shaftless spiral ensures a blockage-free discharge and allows the conveyance of large solid parts.
- Ease of maintenance due to good accessibility to drive
- Easy and fast maintenance and thus low costs due to bolted main parts of the unit
Suitable for the following markets
Noggerath® Rotary Drum Screen RSI is a combined machine consisting of a screen, a spiral conveyor and compactor. The rotary drum is installed at an angle of 35° in the channel. Solids in the incoming flow larger than the screen opening size collect on the inner surface of the drum, causing a gradual blinding.
At a predetermined upstream level the screen drum and spiral conveyor starts rotating. The sedimented solids rotate upwards with the drum, where they drop gravitationally into a conveyor trough located in the center of the drum supported by a spray bar. There they are caught by the spiral and transported up to the press zone. Here, the screenings are dewatered, compacted and dropped axially out of the conveyor spiral to further treatment.